Friday, July 20, 2007
Tuesday, July 17, 2007
A 19th century action-adventure novel about vikings in 10th century Iceland. I've not fallen in love with a story this hard for many years. It's a saga, a tragedy, a bleak comedy about fate, and a kick-arse action fantasy.
All the while I was reading it, I couldn't help feeling that it'd make an excellent series bible for an HBO show (ala Deadwood).
Sunday, July 15, 2007
The challenge is to get a person you don't know to open an e-mail about something they've never heard about before.
After thinking it through, here are some of the qualities that were important to me:
- Short (seven words or less - so they can read the entire title before opening the email)
- Not a question the producer can say ‘No’ to at the just-reading-the-subject-line stage (for instance, "Can I submit a feature film script to you?")
- If it's a choice between mentioning genre or the title, I'll go with the genre
- I prefer a functional subject line over a humourous one
- Script inquiry about a vigilante thriller (the winning title)
- Script submission inquiry
- Inquiry about feature film submission
- Script submission inquiry for a vigilante thriller
- Thriller script seeks producer
- Thriller script, seeking producer
- Finished script seeks producer
- I'd like to submit a feature film script to you
- Can I submit a feature film script to you
- Are you accepting script submissions?
- Have script, need producer
- I have a script I'd like you to read
- The Limit - a completed script for your perusal
- Would you like to read a script?
- Submission inquiry for a vigilante thriller
- Inquiry about submitting scripts
- Submitting a feature script to you
- Inquiry about your script policy
- Gauging interest in a feature film
- I’d like to submit a script to you