Saturday, February 24, 2007

Google - not just a verb, it's a monolith

Have I saved myself from wasting an hour a day online?

In the last 24 hours, I've created a gmail account, set up a Google Reader page, and swapped the blog over to the new googlised version.

I'm fairly happy with Reader. I've tried rss aggregators before, but the fact I'm on dial-up has meant they haven't been worth the time (I follow a lot of blogs, and that makes the search time very slow). Reader seems to have a few issues with creating folders (it's not intuitive or all that easy) and with marking everything as read (as far as I can tell, you can't do it). However, I'll keep exploring it.

[Edit: Ah-hah! Marking something as read is as easy as pressing the spacebar a couple of times.]

Also, thanks to Lee for fixing my PC. I'm now using the internet at normal speed again.

No comments: