Friday, February 24, 2006

Where am I?

OK, I admit it. I haven't been blogging lately.

This week I got a job at the Ministry of Women's Affairs (starts on Monday) and I'm now looking for a flat with as much of the rest of my time as I can spare.

And just a few minutes ago, my speech recognition software started going hay-wire. According to Brewer's, 'haywire' is an American phrase probably arising "from the difficulty of handling the coils of wire used for binding bundles of hay, which easily became entagled and unmanageable is handled unskilfully." That's a concept that lacks application to my day-to-day life. Might be time to look for a new turn-of-phrase.

Online, I've been enjoying reading Jane Espenson's blog - she has much fame from her writing credits on Buffy, Gilmore Girls and many other shows. 90% of her entries deal with the practicalities of writing for TV. The rest centre around what she had for lunch.

And on Kung Fu Monkey, John Rogers - co-writer of The Core, which I really enjoyed on Monday night (and see his defence of its scientific accuracy here) - is breaking down the process of being a freelancer and writing a episode for TV. The show in question is the still in development Eureka, about a small town composed entirely of super-geniuses.

More later, as I get the chance.
Filed in:

No comments: