Monday, January 30, 2006

Looking for a flat - while writing

I’ve said it before: I always take a long time to ramp up to full-writing-speed when I start a new draft. One of the causes (I’ve just discovered) is that it takes me a while to regain the confidence to make rapid decisions about the writing – as I start getting back into it, I’d prefer to fluff around paralysed by the choices I could be making rather than commit to something & lock it down.

**

I enjoyed Brainlord last Wednesday. We started developing a TV series set in (if I have my history right) pre-colonial NZ. Its working title is Hellhole – and it’s all about the demythologising.

**

More stuff is happening, but I’ve got to get back to the writing now. However, I will be looking for a flat when I get back from Australia in mid-Feb … so, it’s going to be a busy next couple of months.
Filed in:

No comments: