Monday, May 09, 2005

[The Limit] Relief

So, last week’s work on The Limit came to a crashing halt on Thursday. I woke up with a headache, kept trying to work, felt worse and worse and finally realised I was stressed about … well lots of things but at that point it was about trying to make the scene work.

I took 4 days off (which was actually long overdue) and today things seem to be flowing much more smoothly. The big rebuild of this mid-point scene with Trace, I can finally see a way through it now.

Other cool stuff: I think the movie is starting to work on 2 thematic levels – the obvious one of whether it’s better to follow the law or be a vigilante, and the true (or at least deeper) one. On the redraft, I’ll have to make sure that 2nd level is in there enough (at least every 10 pages or so) to reward attentive viewers.

No comments: