Tuesday, August 16, 2005

[Film] Sin City

*** (out of 5)

Bad acting. Worse acting. Ridiculous voiceover.

And then, all of a sudden, awesome voiceover and AWESOME action.
Nudity.
Man dragged from car.
Creepy Elijah.

Okay, it’s a cool movie. I'm supposed to sit back and have fun.

(Can Brittany act?)
(Nope.)


Blah, blah, blah. Grenades. Bang.
Bang.
Bang.
Okay, Bruce Willis and Michael Madsen can act after all.
Whoa. Jessica Alba is hot!

Violence.
More violence.
Jessica Alba is really hot.

Ooh, I hate that yellow bastard.
Bang.
Uh-huh, … nup, don’t buy it.

Sin City: It’s fun but there’s nothing I can take home from it. There's no substance. But a beautiful digital film.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I liked Jenni's review, here.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for linking to my review :) (even if you disagree...)

I was just wondering, have you read the comics?

hix said...

Yup, and I think I liked the comics more but thought the film was way more coherent & told the story better.

I'm all over the place with my feelings about this thing.

hix said...

Scratch that. I've read 'That Yellow Bastard' and 'A Dame to Kill for'. I haven't read 'The Big Fat Kill', and that storyline had the least impact on me (even though it had Alexis Bledel as Becky.