Sunday, May 28, 2006

48Hours - Day 2

We've just heard that our runners are AT the Embassy about to drop off the finished version.

THE TAPE HAS BEEN DELIVERED!

16 minutes, 58 seconds before the deadline.

I'm very happy with the final result. It's a monster movie with attitude, it's a romance, it's a story of a beast alienated from society. And the team didn't lynch me - which is also a result I'm happy with.

Editing was great - Norman and Matt working together, editing separate scenes, which really saved our bacon. Learning to use Adobe Premiere was the best decision Matt made this year as far as I'm concerned. And I remembered how much I enjoy editing - that's an environment I'm really comfortable with.

I got to direct an action sequence - and it cut together really well, with many spectacular stunts.

All in all, we had a WAY harder shoot this year, but getting it in is making it all worth it.

Champagne now. Then much sleep. And maybe some food.

Oh yeah, and maybe some admiration and love, but that'll probably happen over at our forum, nzrag/jennisangels.

2 comments:

Matt said...

Awesome work over the weekend Stephen - you guys wrote a kick-ass script, which came across on screen brilliantly.

There was a lot of work to do editing the film, so it was great to be able to take some tasks off Norm's shoulders - digitising footage, which requires no great level of skill; but also assembling edits of some scenes, which I found a lot of fun. Starting with scene 8 (the bit with the monster) was a nice challenge, as it had been filmed from multiple angles, under pretty tight conditions, and was obviously pretty crucial.

So a hearty well done, and thanks for the kind words,

Matt

Anonymous said...

I've got to say Steve, a big part of what made filming this movie easy was the tight script. It flowed perfectly, had nothing that didn't need to be there and was funny, scary and touching.

I think it's the most obvious improvement on last year's film. Great work.