Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Me creative stuff at the moment …

I’ve been script editing, rather than writing. It’s a refreshing change, and the process seems to come naturally, now that I’ve done it about 70 times. I’ve had the privilege of reading:

- an historical drama / true crime story set in NZ

- A western drama/adventure that I’ve recommended become a noir, set in an undefined time in both The West & The East of America.

I’ve also been consulting on a small town drama-comedy TV series set in NZ (which means all my close watching of the Gilmore Girls is finally paying off). Contributing to this project has made me aware that I’ve taken something from Universalis – I’m becoming extremely focused on consistent characterisation and making the plot flow out of the ramifications of that.
Filed in:

No comments: