Sunday, July 24, 2005

[The Limit] Attack on Act 3

Just finished reading Draft 2B. Overall, the quality massively lifted from the previous draft but it feels like there's less high points - especially in the second half.

Act 3 is the biggest problem. In its early stages there is a lack of coherence in the emotions and drama of the scenes. And then the finale doesn't pay off (oops). Not at the level it needs to. So a big reworking, worth the aim of making me give a shit while I'm reading it.

On the plus side, I understand Trace’s character better, how her impatience leads her into trouble. That's good; I thought it was going to take a lot of time to figure Trace out - but apparently I've already embedded the ground work for her character into her scenes. Thanks, Previous Steve.

So I'll give the script a solid B. Room for improvement.

No comments: