Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Filing – The Aftermath

It took another week to rebuild my filing system*. Easier at every step but for a while it felt like Xeno's paradox; every thing I filed generated ideas for two more things to file.

After finishing, I felt terrible. There are an intimidating number of outstanding projects in my life. All the ideas popping into my head gave me a near migraine.

Things are much better now. At first using the new system was like driving slightly too fast. Things were getting done quicker, moving at a faster pace than I'm used to. It took two or three days to acclimate to the new regime but now it’s like a simple, natural part of my life – and it is wicked cool being able to overview everything I have to do in under 5 minutes.

(previous posts are here and here.)

No comments: