Friday, January 21, 2005

[The Limit] Impatient!

This was going to be my last full day on Astral. In the last hour I've changed my mind - and The Limit is back to being my primary as of now. The reason's simple: I was feeling frustrated, angry and a little depressed. Probably due to my impatience at not making progress on the script.

So now, let's see if I can use that impatience to overcome my first-day-back syndrome.

***

Just consulted the I Ching for how to handle this pitch-phase. Some results that were pretty much the opposite of what I thought I should be doing ...



Read more!


19. Approach
__ __
__ __ Help is attracted by modesty. Don’t act out of ego.
__ __
__ __ There’s danger of relapsing into impurity.
_____
_____

About to move into light and growth. There will be success if I persevere with modesty and acceptance. Remain patient, tolerant and gentle.

5. Waiting (Nourishment)

__ __
_____
__ __
_____
_____
_____

This situation can’t be corrected by force or external effort. This is a time for patience and careful attention to inner truth. Do not give in to doubt and agitation.

Accept things as they are and don’t make fruitless comparisons to the situations of others or some imagined ideal.

...

Created new cards (and a cool new font) for sequences on my pitch-board.

I had this burst where I decided that I wanted this to be the best pitch ever … now I’m aware of that pride and I’ve settled myself down. All I really want is for the pitch to do the job:

1) Clearly communicate the emotions of each sequence;
2) Be succinct (10 minutes max); and
3) As much as possible, be visual.

If you’re interested in pitching a movie, check out this Wordplay column. It’s filled with good advice.

No comments: